Greek Breakfast Casserole
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil Divided
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced leek (about 2 medium)
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 tablespoons chopped dried mint
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese plus extra if you love feta
Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Place rice in a large bowl.
Preheat oven to 325°.
Heat half the olive oil a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add leek; cover and cook 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add leek to rice. Heat remaining olive oil; increase heat to medium. Add zucchini; cook 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; add zucchini to rice. Add next 5 ingredients (through eggs) to rice mixture; stir until blended.
Pour egg mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set.