Thursday, November 26, 2009

Acorn Squash Puree

I've had a bunch of acorn squash in my car leftover from a photo shoot a few weeks ago. I looked at tons of recipes but nothing that jumped out at me. It's definitely one of those winter vegetables that gets overlooked. In the end I came up with this easy recipe, just a bit time consuming. But it's something to do while I watch the Bronco game. You can also substitute Butternut Squash.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2 acorn squash cut in half, seeded
1 tbsp unsalted butter
salt and pepper

Put the squash cut side down in a baking sheet. Fill the baking sheet with water just a 1/2 inch above the the squash. Bake for 45 minutes. Let sit for about 20 minutes to cool. Peal the squash and put into a food processor. Add the butter, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Taste test for additional seasoning.

This can be used as a sauce, eaten as is or used for soup.

Serves 4 as an appetizer.

No comments: